Monday, October 03, 2005

Red Red Red Wanting The Bugle Boys

Holy nuts! It was weird. I didn't break any strings tonight. They must be bipolar!

Hey, I think we played a great show tonight. I think we sounded a lot better than we did our previous show (which is always a good thing). Since we were opening up for a bigger band, all the opening bands' setlists were cut short, so we dropped "I'll Wake Up" which is too bad because I really dig that song (and which means that I didn't get to use my ebow). But hey, we cycled in Air Crash tonight and I think it sounded really good.

Red Wanting Blue was really great! The lead vocalist had a really strong voice that really helped to swell up the music. Their last song was very powerful. Check 'em out if you get a chance. They also took the time to come and chat with us and say some really kind things to us and I very much appreciate that.

One other very intersting highlight was this crazy girl that kept dancing around all over the place. Would have been perfect (dance-style) at Woodstock. At the very end, she ran up on stage with Red and was shaking all about, then jumped up and started playing on the drum kit. Some words with a bouncer were exhanged. Hey--I'm sure she had a blast, though!

Anyways, thanks to you folks who came out tonight and supported us and the other bands that were playing. None of this is possible without your support and know that we will always appreciate it.

Good night all!

-TK

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say guys, I think last Monday was the best I've heard you play. John -- your vocals sounded great! Very clear, polished. As the crazy girl said, "Talent. They've got talent." Your CDs turned out really awesome. Nice work guys and congratulations.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you guys are still making a go of it! I actually miss lugging all of your shit around. Oh, we found some sort of musical apparatus in our apartment while packing. I think it's a stand of some type. Some of Jesse's stuff got misplaced too, so if you want to make a swap sometime, look us up. (Not sure what, you'd have to ask him)

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home